This GTV6 has been known to Alex for 23 years, having been pre-purchase inspected and then worked on for one of Alex Jupe Motorsports first clients. She has then had ongoing maintenance and rebuild work carried out with Alex since, along with being sold to the 3 subsequent owners.
A lovely example with some subtle, but desirable upgrades to make her the perfect fast GT car for those long distance cross-European road trips that we car fans all dream of. These include a 3.0 engine, 75 Twin Spark gearbox with LSD, a fast road handling kit and to help keep you cool the rare factory option of Air Conditioning that has been fully updated to modern components and the current spec gas.
A 2 inch thick A4 history file accompanies the car containing old MOT’s dating back to 1992 and invoices to 1996, along with numerous letters & emails between old owners, the Alfa Romeo Owners Club and a printed out document listing all of the cars owners from new to date, where in the country they were and the purchase and sale dates. The file also contains a comprehensive CD and various printed out photos from the renovation by Alex Jupe Motorsport in 2008/2009. The major works of note during Alex’s period of care comprised:
- Rebuild & fit of 75 Twin Spark gearbox with new inner & outer synchromesh on 1st to 4th gears and new oil seals.
- New complete 3.0 75 clutch unit.
- Fast road handling kit and geometry set up.
In 2008 she was purchased by Alex Jupe Motorsport and had the following work carried out as part of the sale to the next owner.
- Strip down of all exterior trim, lights, front & rear screens etc.
- Carrying out localised metal work repairs as required, including fitting new inner wing repair sections.
- Repainting the front & sides of the engine bay and a complete body repaint including all shuts.
- New headlining made & fitted.
- Major service and cylinder head overhaul of the 3.0 engine.
- Rebuild & recommissioning of A/C system.
- Supply and fit of custom made Compomotive split rim wheels with new tyres.
- Rust protection to underside & cavities.
- Wrap around aluminium front wheel arch liners fitted.
The above works were carried out at 56k miles. However, due to continued extensions of the owners work contract abroad the car spent the following 7 years in storage, being taken out only for occasional MOT with Alex Jupe Motorsport. In 2015, still without an imminent return to the UK, the owner asked for the car to be recommissioned and sold. This resulted in further extensive mechanical work as follows:
- New clutch master & slave cylinders.
- Braided stainless steel clutch hose.
- Cam belt replacement.
- New boot lid gas strut.
- Both lower front ball joints replaced.
- Both front wheel bearings replaced.
- Major service of fluids and filters.
- New N/S rear brake calliper.
- New CSC centre exhaust section.
- Extensive engine bay detailing.
The invoice for the above work is on file and, along with numerous other smaller jobs came to £6862.18.
With a new, serial car buying owner found quickly she was well used over his 18 months ownership, covering around 3k miles with a further £3532.65 spent, the notable jobs being:
- Replacement of faulty column stalks.
- Removal & reconditioning of fuel tank, replacement of fuel hoses & filter.
- Fitting of rear seat belts.
- New rear brake discs & pads.
- New HT leads.
In late 2016 the current owner bought her and has enjoyed a further 7k miles or so during which time she has been maintained by long standing Alfa Romeo specialist Lyles of Newcastle, then most recently Bonello Auto Services the file containing a good collection of invoices from both, mainly for general service & maintenance work, the last service being carried out in September 2022 including an oil & filter change, both exhaust from sections being replaced and an A/C regas.
As the above shows this must be one of the best maintained GTV6’s around with a no expense spared attitude to her care over the past 20 odd years and 15k miles by the various owners, resulting in a beautifully presented and superb driving example of these increasingly sought after cars.
She will be supplied freshly serviced, a new cam belt fitted and with 12 months MOT.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing please contact Alex on 01243 882142