I have known and looked after this GTV6 for the past 20 years and 2 owners through our sister company Alex Jupe Motorsport Ltd. Prior to that she had been in the same family ownership since 1992, during which time she covered just 1000 or so miles. A superb example having had a cossetted life with a documented A4 ring bound history file dating back to 1992. During the course of the last 20 years she has covered 12k miles and has just shy of £55,000 worth of invoices on file showing the extensive level of care and upgrade work she has received, the current spec of which includes:
- Rebuild and fit of a 75 Twin Spark LSD transaxle, complete with speedometer conversion in 2003.
- Complete strip down of suspension, all components shot blasted & powder coated or replated then rebuilt with all new ball joints, bearings and bushes as required at the same time as the gearbox rebuild.
- A light restoration & repaint was carried out in 2004, including replacement of the GTV6 achilles heel the inner wings. Photos on file.
- In 2013/14 a complete rebuild to the 3.0 engine was carried out, this included SZ spec pistons to increase the compression, C&B fast road cams, lightened flywheel and balanced bottom end. CSC tubular exhaust manifolds, centre silencer and Ansa rear silencer are also fitted. Since completion just 4k miles have been covered.
- Unusually this GTV6 is also fitted with the power steering system from an Alfa Romeo 75, so it is still a hydraulic set up allowing the best feel possible and looks period ‘correct’ under the bonnet.
- A bare metal glass out, trim off repaint in the original colour scheme in 2014 including the engine bay front & sides.
- Wrap around, rubber edged, aluminium wheel arch liners to both front arches.
- Dinitrol to underside & cavities.
- PPF vinyl to protect vulnerable areas of paintwork.
- Fit & set up of a full RS Racing coil over handling kit and uprated front Anti-roll bar in 2014.
- Reconditioned Revolution RFX 7×15 alloy wheels with new tyres.
- In 2020 the owner decided to have the cylinder heads removed and gas flowed, having declined this option in the 2013/14 rebuild. A major service was carried out at this time, including cam belt replacement.
Ongoing maintenance over the years has included a prop shaft rebuild, replacement of the rear brake callipers and all hoses with braided stainless steel ones and new hydraulic cylinders as required. The history file includes a comprehensive array of invoices, old MOT’s, old registration documents, a magazine buyers guide article, letters between 2 of the old owners and an original UK sales brochure for the GTV6. Also present is the original owners handbook and emergency manual window winder.
This must now represent not just one of the finest GTV6’s left in the UK, but also carefully built up with most of the best upgrades for these cars. She will be supplied with a fresh MOT from point of sale and is ready to use or show.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing please contact Alex on 01243 575760