This car has long been a favourite car here, having been looked after by our sister company Alex Jupe Motorsport for the current owner, as one of the nicest driving 105 coupes Alex has had the pleasure of working on.
Sadly for sale now as the owner has moved from the country, where he had storage and roads on which to enjoy her, into Brighton city centre where he no longer has either.
With only 2 owners for the past 34 years and just over 62k miles on the clock, which although not complete, the history file and overall condition of the car would indicate is genuine. Inspection of the engine bay shows it still wears the factory stickers and paint, though this is thin and patchy in places now where it has worn away over the years. The file contains numerous old MOT’s back to 1984 with a recorded 25754 miles, showing that year on year she was covering just a few hundred miles.
Interestingly there is an old newspaper article in the file from the Express & Echo date Friday June 7th 1985 featuring this very car and how the then owner, a Mr. George Pinn, who having bought the car in near concours condition with 23k miles describes using her as a weekend toy for fine weather. A quality black & white photo is also included, stamped on the back by the newspaper depicting the shot they used in the article.
The history file also includes the original UK owners handbook and sales brochure.
Old invoices on file date back to 1998, however it is the work in the current ownership of 7 years that is of note here having had well over £19,000 spent on care and some subtle upgrades focused on driver enjoyment rather than outright speed. This work included among other things:
- Cleaning the underside & treating with Dinitrol 4941/CAR underbody wax.
- Injecting all cavities with Dinitrol 1000 & ML cavity wax.
- Stripping the suspension & rebuilding with an Alfaholics Kit B handling kit & Koni adjustable shock absorbers.
- Complete front suspension & steering ball joint replacement.
- New front wheel bearings.
- Alfaholics stainless steel sports exhaust system and manifold kit.
- Pirelli Cinturato CN36 tyres.
- Brake system rebuild & upgrade including both servos, new master cylinder & Classic Alfa big brake kit with 4-piston front callipers.
- Braided stainless steel brake hoses througout.
- New water pump.
- All new radiator hoses.
- Carburettors stripped, cleaned, rebuilt with new seals, filters & gaskets & refitted with new aluminium carb mounts.
- Electronic programmable 123 distributor.
- Rolling road tuning by the well known Tom Airey of Airey Tuning Co.
- Regular oil, filter, spark plugs, coolant changes etc have been carried out over this time.
- USB charging socket fitted.
- She will be supplied freshly serviced with new oil & filter, new air filter, spark plugs and anti-freeze.
She has been well used during during this period too, a full 20k miles being added to the 42k recorded when she was purchased in 2016. This included a trouble free 5000 mile trip across Europe and down to Sicily and back in 2019.
Now, although she still presents very well and is structurally superb with what appear to be the original sills, floor pans, chassis rails etc still with factory spot welds visible and I believe the original paintwork to the engine bay & door shuts, she is ready for a cosmetic refresh to bring her back to her best. I have shown the major areas needing attention in the photo file, most of which is surface corrosion under the paint. She could quite happily be driven around as is, having recently passed and advisory free MOT test, but personally I feel that doesn’t do such an original, solid & unmolested car justice.
She is available as seen in the photos for £21995.00 or with a full screens out, trim off repaint with new front wing bottoms & N/S rear wing repair behind the wheel, new seat covers to the front seats and engine bay detailing for £39995.00.
Please call Alex to discuss or arrange a viewing on 01243 882142.