Owned by the current custodian for the past 10 years this GTV6 was the chance to relive his youth, having owned a couple of GTV6’s in the late 90’s/early 2000’s when he was a young lad. This time, around he had the funds to make sure he got the best example he could to use as a base car for some choice upgrades to improve the driving experience. To that end he was lucky enough to have the opportunity to buy this example, a very well known car within the AROC at the time having been a concours winner at the clubs National Alfa Day for many years.
A rare thing for any classic of this age, even more so for an Italian car, she has NEVER been welded underneath, the only piece of welding carried out was done by Alex Jupe Motorsport in the form of a replacement drivers side inner wing during a repaint in 2013. As can be seen from the detailed photos, she is still just as fresh today with no sign of corrosion around the jacking points etc.
Having acquired his perfect condition GTV6 the happy new owner enjoyed using her for a couple of years, working out the things he would like to improve before shipping her down to Alex Jupe Motorsport for a major going over. Over the next couple of years the following was carried out:
- Removal of all exterior trim, sunroof, glass etc.
- Cut out O/S inner wing, signs of rust just showing, and weld in repair panel.
- Carry out a full respray in the original 2-tone colour scheme.
- Strip complete suspension from car both front & rear.
- Scrape any loose sealer, remove light surface corrosion & treat with Bonda Anti-Rust Primer before spraying the entire underside in Hammerite wax based underbody sealer.
- Wax inject all internal sections using Dinitrol ML & 1000 cavity waxes.
- Shot blasting & powder coating or electroplating of all suspension components as required.
- Reassembly of suspension using all new bushes, ball joints & bearings.
- Fit and laser geometry set up of a full RS Racing handling kit.
- Recondition all engine bay ancillaries prior to refitting.
- Fit of CSC tubular exhaust manifolds, straight through centre pipe and Ansa Sport rear silencer (she sounds wonderful!).
- Custom made Image SZ replica wheels in 7×16 front and 8×16 rear sizes.
- AJM Brake kit with 4-piston callipers and 305mm vented front discs.
Since all this work was carried out she has covered only just over 1000 miles having seen little use for the last few years due to a growing family and work commitments for the owner, hence the sale. In order to prepare her for sale Alex Jupe Motorsport have just undertaken the following work:
- Major service with cam belt change.
- Engine oil & filter.
- New air filter.
- New spark plugs.
- AJM silicone breather hose kit.
- Fresh anti-freeze.
Combined with the outstanding original, unrestored condition of the body shell and the extensive selection of the majority of the best upgrade parts available for these cars this represents an exciting opportunity to enter GTV6 ownership in what rates as one of the best examples around. Should the new owner wish to revert back to the an O.E. spec concours style example all the modifications are easily reversible with bolt on components.
She will be supplied complete with 12 months MOT and an extensive ring bound A4 history file dating back to when she was brand new in 1986 including old MOT’s, details of concours entries and wins, invoices for work carried out since new etc.
For more information or to arrange a viewing please call Alex on 01243 575760.