Quite possibly one of the finest & most original Fiat 124 BC Coupes left in existence, certainly in the UK. This particular example has been owned since early 2016 by AJM Classics owner Alex Jupe, though she was not ready for the road and registered until February 2017. Following a long search across the UK and Europe for an original, unmolested example this car was found by a good contact in Palermo, Sicily where she had lived her whole life in the care of just 2 owners and just 36k kms showing, believed to be correct. The body shell is entirely original, with no welding ever having been done or needed and all her original panels fitted. In the perfect colour for these cars, it was a chance not to be missed.
Just prior to my purchase she was recommissioned in Sicily with all new brake hoses, discs, pads & callipers, an invoice for this and some other service work is included in the history file.
After 5 years of fun with her she is now very regretfully available for sale due to a change in circumstances. On arrival in the UK she was put through a rigorous programme of maintenance to ready her for reliable use and the damp English climate. This work included the following:
1. Major engine service including new cam belt, tensioner, water pump, auxiliary belt, spark plugs, fuel & cooling system hoses, coolant, all filters etc.
2. Removal, strip & rebuild of the carburettors.
3. New cooling system expansion tank.
4. New thermostat.
5. Strip and rebuild of the prop shaft with new U.J.’s, donut, bearing & centre mount.
6. New gearbox mount.
7. New rear & centre exhaust to O.E. spec.
8. 4x new Pirelli Cinturato CN36 185/70/13 tyres.
9. 4x new Abarth replica 7×13 alloy wheels.
10. Complete Dinitrol anti-rust protection to underside & cavities (photos of this work are on file).
11. New custom made and fitted inertia seat belts, front & rear with period correct chrome buckles.
12. Full paint correction to exterior of car followed by paint sealant.
After completing the above work I have used and enjoyed the car greatly, indeed I would say it is a far superior car to drive than the considerably more expensive Alfa Romeo 105 series coupe which in period was the 124’s direct competition, with a far more resolved and more composed feeling chassis. Another trick up the 124 sleeve is that they are a proper, useable 4 seater, not just a 2+2 so you really can enjoy it as a family, as I have done on numerous occasions.
Having taken her from 36000kms to just under 40000kms in my ownership I carried out another service at the end of last year, including cooling system flush and fresh anti-freeze, new oil & filter, new spark plugs and general check over. Although not needed, she was also MOT’d as I believe all cars should be regardless of age and exemption status.
She has been featured both in Auto Italia magazine and also the bible on the twin cam Fiat/Lancia engine ‘Bialbero’ by Phil & Michael Ward.
Complete with her original tool kit, jack, and an A4 ring bound file with all UK invoices, and the recent work carried out in Sicily. She also comes with an FCA certificate of origin, all the import papers and the incredibly rare to have Italian ‘Blue book’ which is essentially the cars Italian identity and MOT history from new.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing of this Fiat 124 BC please contact Alex on 01243 575760