This is a lovely original specification GTV6 in arguably the nicest colour scheme for these cars in excellent overall condition. Complete with the often missing original book pack, still with the Alfa Cover 24 credit card in the front cover pouch, and containing the owners manual, Tuff-Kote Dinol 5 year anti-corrosion booklet, dealer guide, Alfa Cover booklet and the original service coupon booklet. The Service Coupon booklet has been fully stamped from the running in service to the end of the book in 1989 at 60746 miles. The maintenance is then fully documented from the next service carried out in 1990 right up to date in a 2 inch thick A4 folder of invoices. There are also old MOT’s dating back to 1989, detailed restoration photos from an extensive body restoration carried out in 2000/2001 and even an original 1983 Alfa Romeo range brochure in mint condition.
Works of note during the cars life include the following:
- In 1996 a complete engine rebuild, including new pistons & liners, was carried out by respected Alfa of the time WAD. Though some years ago the car has only done 15k miles since, so the engine is barely more than run in.
- Extensive body restoration in 2000/01 that included numerous genuine Alfa panels the owner had been collecting. These included 2x new doors, new front wings, new rear panel, new scuttle panel, new upper & lower front panels. Complete repaint in the original colour.
- A new clutch was fitted around 13k miles ago.
- 4x new shock absorbers 2k miles ago.
The current owner has a small collection of classics and had been looking for a good GTV6 for some time, at the end of last year he found this car for sale and asked our sister company, Alex Jupe Motorsport, to inspect and purchase the car on his behalf, then return it to the workshop and give it a good going over having had little use in the previous few years. The following work was carried out in January 2021 totaling around ?6000:
- Steam clean underside, clean up and treat surface corrosion where original sealer had split etc with anti-rust primer.
- Mask off car and spray the underside with Dinitrol 4941/CAR underbody wax.
- Inject all cavities with Dinitrol 1000 & ML cavity waxes.
- Major service including replacement of all fluids, cam belt & conversion to mechanical belt tensioner, new water pump, rebuilt thermostat housing with new gaskets, all new radiator hoses, new distributor cap and rotor arm among the parts replaced.
- New battery.
- 5x wheels refurbished and new Pirelli P1 tyres fitted in the correct 195/60/15 size.
Since this work was carried out she has only covered around 1000 miles.
In July 2021 a new clutch master cylinder, slave cylinder and hose were fitted.
To finish off she has just been through Alex Jupe Motorsports workshops again for new prop shaft dounts and front & centre exhaust sections to be fitted followed by a thorough detailing by AJM Classics, so she is now ready to drive or show.
Due to living a cared for life the 20 year old body restoration and paint still look superb, enhanced by a day spent in our detailing bay. With the extensive recent recommissioning work she is now ready and waiting for a new home and exciting new adventures.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing please contact Alex on 01243 575760