Considered to be a stylish modern classic the Alfa Romeo 156 GTA offers a blend of performance and pace with space for four and is still eminently capable of being used as a daily driver should you wish.
This particular example has spent the last 6 years of her life in the hands of a private collector of Italian cars during which time, though used sparingly, has clocked up some 6000 miles being used in turn as a daily driver. She is only for sale now as due to a change in direction of his collection.
She comes with a detailed A4 ring bound history file containing old MOT’s back to 2008, but rather more importantly reams of invoices for maintenance totalling £21500.00 dating back to 2004, along with a complete original tool kit. Having covered the majority of her mileage by 2008 (73k) she has clearly had a gentler life since, taking her up to the current 105k.
Of particular note in the file are two invoices (of many) from highly respected 156 specialists Autolusso of Bournemouth for supplying & fitting a Q2 LSD, a common and desirable upgrade, and a complete engine rebuild in 2012 at around 86k miles. These two invoices totaled over £7500.00 & included the following:
- Supply & fit Q2 limited slip differential.
- Full gasket set.
- Complete reconditioning of both cylinder heads.
- New piston rings.
- Replacement crankshaft and all new bearings.
- New water pump.
- New clutch kit.
- New thermostat.
- New Lambda sensor.
Having only completed 19k miles since the engine can best be described as fresh as a spring daisy and pulls with the vigor expected of these very quick cars, while making all the right noises from the stainless steel Scorpion exhaust system.
Further works of note since the engine rebuild are dated as follows:
- Cam belt, tensioners, water pump, upper wishbones replaced in August 2015 @ 97522 miles.
- Eibach roll bar kit, lower suspension arms & anti roll bar drop links in December 2015.
- Rear discs & pads in April 2016 @ 99251 miles.
Upon purchase in 2017 the current owner sent her to Red Motori in Dorset for a comprehensive check over, spending over £2700 to bring her up to his standard including the following work:
- Replacement airbox assembly.
- 1x new headlight.
- New A/C condensor.
- Replacement cam cover gaskets.
- Refinishing cam covers.
- Cleaning the underside, carrying out 1x welding repair to floor, seam seal & under seal the whole car.
Overall an very nice example of an increasingly rare and desirable Alfa showcasing the final version of the legendary Busso V6 engine.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing please contact Alex on 01243 575760