One of the last GTV6s sold in the UK she presents very well and is in very good overall condition. This is a very well known GTV6 within the AROC UK, having been owned for many years by a previous editor of the club magazine and a club committee member prior to him. Unusually she comes with the most fantastic 2 inch thick A4 ring bound history file with every invoice for work carried back to the first service in September 1986!? There are also all the old MOT’s dating back to 1990, with the exception of a couple of periods off the road during her life. A spare set of the original Alfa keys are also included.
In 2007 she was sent to highly respected Alfa Romeo specialist Ian Ellis is West Sussex for a comprehensive body restoration, resulting in a ?15,000 bill, documented in the history. Since then she has seen only light use and still looks lovely, with just a couple of minor cosmetic areas that could be improved should the new owner wish.
The current owner bought her in 2018 and, following a period of ‘getting to know’ the car decided to embark on an extensive program of recommissioning, some subtle upgrades and rust protection with our sister company Alex Jupe Motorsport. This work totaled nearly ?15k since when she has covered just 1200 miles.
This work included the following:
- Complete front suspension rebuild with all new bushes & ball joints.
- Metal work repairs to chassis rails behind wishbone mounts.
- Complete Dinitrol rust protection to underside and all internal cavities.
- AJM fast road handling kit with Koni Sport shocks fitted.
- Reset front ride height on torsion bars.
- Rebuilt rear suspension with polyurethane Watts linkage bushes.
- Laser geometry set up.
- Major service with new cam belt, water pump, plugs, filters etc.
- AJM radiator fan kit.
- AJM silicone breather hose kit.
- Complete cooling system and fuel system re-hose.
- Rear seat belts fitted.
- CSC tubular manifold kit and stainless steel exhaust system.
- New clutch master & slave cylinders with braided stainless steel clutch hose.
- Braided stainless steel brake hoses and fresh fluid.
- Removal of gearbox & complete rebuild using O.E. Goetze synchromesh rings on 1st to 4th gears inclusive.
- All new oil seals & output shaft bearings.
- New clutch.
- New gearbox mounts.
- Rebuilt & balanced prop shaft with all new donuts, centre mount & bearing.
- New tyres all around.
In late 2021, having taken the decision to sell her and move onto something else a further ?2800 or so was spent, again with Alex Jupe Motorsport on, this included:
- 2x new rear brake callipers.
- Fresh brake fluid throughout.
- Fixing a failed handbrake cable.
- Re-plumbing the fuel system at the rear following a reconditioned fuel tank being fitted.
- New fuel hard line being made & fitted.
- Assorted other minor jobs.
Consequently this is now one of the finest driving examples of the GTV6 and should need not much more than annual servicing for the foreseeable future. A rare chance to acquire one of these wonderful GT cars at a competitive price, ready to use and enjoy for those fast approaching summer days and evenings.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing please contact Alex on 01243 575760