Another example of our favourite Alfa, this lovely GTV6 was renovated & supplied to her current owner by Alex Jupe Motorsport in 2017/18. Upon collection in March 2018 he took her straight off on an around Europe road trip, faultlessly covering nearly 4000 miles in his month long holiday. Unlike so many classic cars she really has been used and enjoyed, covering a total of around 16000 miles in his 4 years ownership and is only for sale now due to retirement and downsizing of his small collection of classics.
The car was previously owned for 15 years by a father & son, they began the development of this particular GTV6 into what I would describe as the ideal ‘fast road’ GT specification for these cars. She is fitted with a 3.0 engine with ported heads, fast road cams & tubular exhaust manifolds with sports exhaust system. While fitting the 3.0 engine the previous also added a 3.0 75 gearbox, complete with LSD and Isostatic gear linkage. The suspension has been upgraded with the AJM fast road handling kit, front ride height reset on the torsion bars to suit, 105 series caster ball joints, adjustable Spax shock absorbers and geometry set up to finish off. In addition she has had the power steering system from a 75 3.0 fitted, which really helps with low speed manoeuvring, but being a good old hydraulic system doesn’t detract too much from the steering feel at higher speeds on your favourite back road. This really is the ‘drivers’ GTV6 and all the better for it!
Registered in November 1983 she will be tax free at the end of next year.
She comes complete a large 2 inch thick A4 history file dating back to 1994. This includes a photo record of the 2017/18 renovation by Alex Jupe Motorsport, correspondence about the car, a detailed invoice history with bills totalling just over £39,000, over £30k of which has been during the current ownership since 2018. As part of the purchase agreement with Alex Jupe Motorsport the following work was carried out during the 2017/18 winter:
- Strip down of all trim, removal of screens & sunroof.
- Cutting out rust and fabricating/welding in new metal as required.
- Full repaint in the original AR762 silver over AR649 grey including the front & sides of the engine bay.
- Clean up and treat any areas of surface rust underneath then spray the underside in Dinitrol 4941/CAR under body wax and all internal cavities with Dinitrol ML & 1000 cavity waxes.
- Clean & refit all trim.
- Supply & fit wrap around aluminium wheel arch liners.
- Major service, new water pump & cam belt.
- Detailing to engine bay.
- New engine bay sticker set.
- Supply & fit AJM handling kit (rear springs & front ARB) and set front suspension to suit. Fit 105 series caster ball joints & set geometry.
- 5x genuine Ronal A1 wheels, refurbished with new Continental Conti Sport 2 tyres.
- AJM silicone breather hose kit.
- New Ansa Sport twin tail pipe and straight through CSC centre exhaust section.
- Change brake fluid.
Over the subsequent 4 years the owner has carried on improving the car, fitting in around his extensive use of her both in the UK and Europe. The following work has been carried out since then by Alex Jupe Motorsport.
- In late 2018 a complete gearbox rebuild was carried out along with complete replacement of the Isostatic gear linkage components, prop shaft inspection and replacement of the rear donut.
- In 2019 she once again returned to the workshop, this time the owner wanting just a little more punch and a freer breathing top end. The cylinder heads were removed, stripped down and new guides & valves purchased. They were then gas flowed, including the intake runners to open them out and increase air flow into the engine. The heads were then reassembled with new Colombo & Bariani fast road cams along, of course, with all new cam followers.
- During the above work a new cam belt was fitted, along with all radiator hoses replaced & engine bay fuel hoses replaced.
- New door seals fitted.
- New leather gear gaiter and rubber boot underneath.
- Oil & filter service.
- Fit new rear brake discs and pads to front & rear.
- New fuel pump, hoses & filter.
- Fit reconditioned starter motor.
As can be seen she really has been looked after on a no expense spared basis in the very recent past, with her owner going above and beyond the call of basic maintenance to bring this GTV6 to the standard he wanted for his regular useage. Consequently she is a ‘jump in and go’ car, ready and waiting for her lucky new owner to take her on new adventures in 2023.
Currently MOT’d until March 2023, she will be supplied with a fresh MOT from point of sale.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing please contact Alex on 01243 575760