The Fiat Dino is one of the most underrated cars? of its era. This lovely 2400 Coupe was purchased by its current owner early last summer, having been searching for a good example in this colour for sometime. While not to everyones taste the clincher for him was the addition of the period Ferrari alloy wheels, which could be argued to suit the Dino well in her striking red. However, in the interim he and his partner have started a new business venture and need to raise funds for that, hence she is now available.
Arriving in the UK in 1989 she has had just 5 owners since (including the current one) and done very few miles, having covered 32016 kms on the first MOT in the history file, dating from 1991. She currently records just under 40k, kms, equating to just 5000 miles since arriving in the UK. There is a good paperwork trail on file since 1991 documenting over ?23k of work.
Most significantly are two invoices from respected specialist 24hundred. The first of those, a major recommissioning carried out in 2017 following some years of storage came to ?11835.43 and included the following:
- Valve clearance adjustment.
- Full service to include filters, fluids, plugs.
- Strip and rebuild of water pump with new bearing & seal.
- Flush & clean of radiator & heater matrix.
- Replacement of all cooling system hoses.
- New auxiliary drive belts.
- Removal & specialist reconditioning of prop shaft & drive shafts.
- Removal & rebuild of front & rear brake callipers.
- New front brake discs.
- New front wheel bearings.
- New rear brake compensator valve and fresh fluid throughout.
- Remove, strip and clean steering box. Rebuild with new bearings & seals.
- New fuel pump.
- Strip and rebuild of distributor including bob weights, setting points etc.
- Sorting out a series of electrical issues so that everything worked to O.E. specification.
At this time all this was carried out she had 34031 kms on the clock. Finally getting some use after all this work she then visited 24hundred again in October 2020 for a more modest, but none the less worthwhile ?1512 which included:
- MOT test.
- Remove distributor and set points.
- Fit new distributor cap, rotor arm & HT leads.
- Set up & tune carburettors.
- Oil & filter service.
Since the above work she has done very little, so in preparation for sale our sister company and Dino specialist Alex Jupe Motorsport have carried out a minor service.
She comes complete with a A4 ring bound history file, that also includes the Italian import papers from 1989, old MOT’s and assorted invoices. She was also featured in a recent ‘Dream Drives’ article in the well known Classic Cars magazine, a copy of which is included in the history file.
Although exempt she will be supplied with 12 months MOT for the new owners peace of mind.
Having done an extensive test drive earlier last year it is clear the ongoing maintenance has made sure this Dino is in fine fettle, being one of the nicest 2400’s I have driven. She feels taut, composed and with a super engine that idles from cold and pulls cleanly and smoothing through the rev range when warmed through while the brakes work as you would expect after such a comprehensive rebuild.
In order to bring her up to the level we like here she has spent a good few days going through our detailing bay on paintwork, brightwork, trim and the engine bay to ensure she presents in the wonderful order you see here. She’d be perfectly at home on the show circuit, but I think this is more a ‘driver’ that is crying out to be used, in excellent, but not concours condition and as such is priced at a very competitive level.
If you would like to discuss further or arrange a viewing please contact Alex on 01243 575760